Introducing the Science Group Sustainability practice
Science Group Sustainability is a specialist team of consultants drawn from the Group’s different divisions and helps organizations manage the challenges and realize the opportunities sustainability presents.
Contact us to discuss an issue or a project
We have deep sustainability expertise and knowledge in a number of key areas. We are specialists in sustainability regulation, policy and opinion. We work with regulators in Europe and North America and keep abreast of key legislative and policy initiatives that will impact and shape organizations’ sustainability thinking and strategies. As science and technology specialists, we have detailed, technical understanding of complex sustainability issues such as carbon capture, sustainable materials and lifecycle analysis thinking. From multiple years running an industry-wide forum for CTOs from leading global organisations, we have a unique position in industry thought-leadership and have developed tools & methods which are embedded into our sustainability solutions.
Our Management and strategy services help businesses translate their sustainability goals into mainstream business practice. We shine a light on the opportunities and threats that sustainability creates. We bring a focus on material issues, and we work with leadership to envision the necessary transitions and outcomes.
Our end-to-end sustainable innovation services help companies make their products and manufacturing more sustainable. We roadmap the forward path. We create ‘better for planet’ value propositions. We develop more sustainable end products that deliver on sustainability whilst also delivering market value and competitive advantage.
Our product stewardship services help companies to confidently manage the products in their portfolio to deliver on their commercial and sustainability promises. We identify and help manage environmental, health and commercial risks. We help business future-proof against regulatory and other sustainability-induced change. We work with our customers to ensure the claims they make are robust and will survive external scrutiny.
We understand the key factors driving the sustainability agenda:
- Sustainability trends, policy, agenda, and tensions
- Regulations and industry standards.
- Emerging science and enabling technology
- Innovation – technology, market, and business model
- Commercial operations, infrastructure, and practices
- Industry dynamics and practices in key markets
We have wide experience across the spectrum of sustainability issues such as:
- Impact to health and the environment and materials of concern
- GHG emissions and carbon footprint reduction, energy efficiency and net zero goals
- Design for sustainability
- The circular economy, single use and end of life routes for both products and packaging including recycling and composting technology
- Plastics replacement and removal and managing the associated effects and challenges
- Sustainable packaging innovation: reduction, removal, recycling, re-use and regulatory considerations
- Waste minimisation, mitigation and valorisation
- Water and natural resource reduction and management
- More sustainable alternatives: materials, chemistries, alternative proteins and plant based solutions
- Consumer/user understanding and enabling action
- Renewable energy and enabling technologies/chemistry and carbon capture and storage
- Market-specific trends, such as regenerative agriculture, responding to climate change impacts and soil health
Our sustainability leadership team
Group Lead - Sustainability
VP Sustainable Innovation
Principal, Product Safety and Stewardship
Commercial Director for Sustainability